by Jim Lantern
11:40 a.m. CT Saturday 31 May 2014
THE GUNPOWDER PLOT
Begin with the Pentagon – Department of Defense – document, posted at…
Just in case someone there decides to block access or remove it, I’ve downloaded it, and it is now the first stored document here at The Lantern Journal by way of Google Drive. I wasn’t sure this would work, but it does, and so here it is if needed…
This was first revealed in an article by The Washington Times, posted Wednesday 28 May 2014. Very few other well-known news outlets reported it, and all others I found who did based their articles on The Washington Times article…
Inside the Ring: Memo outlines Obama’s plan to use the military against citizens – The Washington Times – 28 May 2014.
Just in case the article there suddenly vanishes, here are a few excerpts…
- A 2010 Pentagon directive on military support to civilian authorities details what critics say is a troubling policy that envisions the Obama administration’s potential use of military force against Americans.
- The troubling aspect of the directive outlines presidential authority for the use of military arms and forces, including unarmed drones, in operations against domestic unrest.
- “This appears to be the latest step in the administration’s decision to use force within the United States against its citizens,” said a defense official opposed to the directive.
- Directive No. 3025.18, “Defense Support of Civil Authorities,” was issued Dec. 29, 2010, and states that U.S. commanders “are provided emergency authority under this directive.”
- “Federal military forces shall not be used to quell civil disturbances unless specifically authorized by the president in accordance with applicable law or permitted under emergency authority,” the directive states.
- “In these circumstances, those federal military commanders have the authority, in extraordinary emergency circumstances where prior authorization by the president is impossible and duly constituted local authorities are unable to control the situation, to engage temporarily in activities that are necessary to quell large-scale, unexpected civil disturbances” under two conditions.
- The conditions include military support needed “to prevent significant loss of life or wanton destruction of property and are necessary to restore governmental function and public order.” A second use is when federal, state and local authorities “are unable or decline to provide adequate protection for federal property or federal governmental functions.”
- A U.S. official said the Obama administration considered but rejected deploying military force under the directive during the recent standoff with Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy and his armed supporters.
A good question: Would US soldiers obey orders to shoot Americans – US citizens? They themselves are Americans – US citizens. There is no doubt Obama hates the US military, and really does not give a rats ass about health care for veterans. I get the impression that most of the US military are not too fond of Obama . . . but he is their Commander-in-Chief. How many of them are devout liberal Democrats, who would follow his orders, especially to target conservatives considered to be “domestic terrorists” instead of American patriots? Also, there are those in the military who are trained to follow orders, without hesitation, without questions. I believe those guys would shoot to kill any Americans if ordered to do so, and probably already have – at least in overseas scenarios – most of which are classified top secret and so we’ll never know about those.
I am in favor of the use of drones by the US military against US enemies, armed drones and surveillance drones, rather than putting our soldiers in harms way, whenever possible. I am also in favor of law enforcement within the US being allowed to use unarmed drones for general public surveillance. I am further in favor of authorized “SWAT” personnel to use an armed drone under special circumstances to avoid putting law enforcement personnel needlessly in hams way, and to protect innocent citizens who might be in harms way. There must be some reasonable oversight, but without the bureaucracy of such oversight interfering with or otherwise slowing down approval to take swift action.
NSA TARGETING US CITIZENS AND US ALLIES
I just found out about the above noted news story by watching Fox News on TV this Saturday morning. I don’t know how I missed it last Wednesday, except the minimal coverage of the story, and I was very busy making changes to the security of my email accounts, Facebook, Twitter, and WordPress, to fight off a hacker.
My Acer Chromebook is safe – Google’s Chrome Operating System can’t be hacked and can’t get a virus, like how my previous computer with Windows Operating System was hacked and destroyed with a virus. Absolutely no doubt it was an attempt to silence me as a political blogger.
So now my online accounts have been targeted by the hacker. I do know it is not just a hacker, but includes the influence of the NSA on Outlook.com and Facebook – already very well documented in news stories. I have abandoned Mail.com, Outlook.com, and Facebook. All that remains is Google for my gmail accounts, Twitter, and my WordPress blogs.
I thought Mail.com was the most secure of all. Wrong. Mail.com is headquartered in Germany. It was in an alliance with WordPress and others against the NSA. It is well known that the NSA targeted the German government and has targeted German businesses – especially those making use of the Internet. I don’t believe in coincidences. My Mail.com account worked flawlessly from mid-September 2013 until about mid-May 2014, and then I began to have trouble signing in and otherwise making use of it. I had to recover my password each time – every day. I do believe the hacker is at US Navy Signals for intelligence gathering, at an office in New York City or at an office in the Mission Beach area of San Diego, and is working with the NSA. The only reason I’m being targeted is because I’m a political blogger, centrist turned conservative, now blogging against President Obama.
I do believe the CIA, NSA, and US Navy Signals should keep an eye on Germany, and whatever they need to do for that is more than justified. So, for that, I forgive them, and encourage them to be on high alert regarding Germany. They need not be concerned about me. I am an American patriot. I have no doubt there are Germans who believe “the third time is the charm” as the old saying goes, and are now planning World War III. Very likely they have some support from within the US, and therefore, the NSA could be justified to seek out and monitor possible communications between American traitors and new Nazis in Germany. It’s one of the few legitimate threats to justify extraordinary action by the CIA, DHS, FBI, NSA, and any others needed to do the job. For that particular threat, I have no objection to them doing whatever is necessary to identify suspects and put a permanent end to that potential threat.
Perhaps that makes me a hypocrite, regarding my stand against the NSA for spying on Americans and our allies – but especially US citizens. However, I”m not as concerned about them violating my privacy to look at what I’m doing. Like many others, “I have nothing to hide, so I’m not concerned about privacy.” I’m an “open book” on the Internet anyway. My concern is that such access makes it possible for them to be able to download material as well as to upload material. I don’t care what they upload. I don’t want them to be able to download material to my computer, a means by which they could easily fabricate – falsify – evidence to frame me for a crime, such as to accuse me of being a domestic terrorist, and then under the Patriot Act make me permanently vanish to a very dark place. I’m justified in fearing that possibility. It would be a good and easy way for President Obama to silence all opposition. Even so, I’m now using an Acer Chromebook with the Chrome Operating System, which can’t be hacked, can’t get a virus, and can’t be downloaded to. Nothing is stored on my Acer Chromebook. Everything is now stored at a very secure location by using cloud computing, which I don’t fully understand but appears to work very well so far.
I’ve not been happy with Google in the past, mainly because of and relating to privacy violations involving its invention of ad-tailoring. However, I’m now seeing Google take extraordinary steps to improve security to protect its users from external threats. The trade-off is the loss of some privacy mainly for ad-tailoring. I can opt out of ad-tailoring, but that only stops Google from giving me tailored ads. It does not stop Google from collecting the data anyway and selling it to advertisers and businesses. I have believed privacy is security, and that any loss of privacy is a loss of security. Now, since using the Acer Chromebook, with the Chrome Operating System, I see how there can be a difference between privacy and security. The difference between an outside source being able to download to my computer, or not. Chrome Operating System makes that impossible, which is very good security, and I don’t care what Google knows and shares about me – as long as it is not falsified material created by enemies to harm or destroy or otherwise silence me.
I believe the situation is stable now, so I’m getting caught up here – back to business as usual – regular posting of editorial articles and monitoring various news outlets.
THE ROAD TO DICTATORSHIP
… thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.
Introduced: Jan 04, 2013.
Status: Referred to Committee on Jan 04, 2013.
Prognosis 0% chance of being enacted or passed.
- H.J.Res. 15 proposes repealing presidential term limits. Rep. Serrano (D-NY), the resolution’s sponsor, has proposed similar legislation in every congressional session since 1997 — during the tenure of presidents from both parties. None of the resolutions has ever made it to a floor vote.
- The joint resolution seeks to repeal the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution, which sets a term limit for election to the office of President of the United States. A joint resolution is one way to start the process of amending the U.S. Constitution.
- The 22nd Amendment, passed by Congress in 1947 and ratified by three-fourths of the states in 1951, prohibits individuals from being elected to the office of the President more than twice or from being elected President more than once if they have already served as President for more than two years.
- Attempts to repeal the 22nd Amendment date at least to 1986, when Rep. Guy Vander Jagt (R-MI) proposed legislation in the House that would allow President Ronald Reagan to seek a third term. Rep. Vander Jagt reintroduced legislation to remove the term limits on the presidency in 1987, 1989 and 1991, as did a number of Congressmen throughout the 1990s. Corresponding resolutions were proposed in the Senate by Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) in 1989 and by Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) in 1995.
- While there is a weak correlation between the party of the President and the party of the Member of Congress proposing to repeal the amendment, Rep. Serrano introduced the same resolution under Presidents Clinton (D), Bush (R) and Obama (D).
IF the Obama Democrats somehow manage to keep the US Senate after the November 2014 mid-term elections, and somehow manage to take over the US House of Representatives, THEN it might be possible to put a bill all the way through to abolish the 22nd Amendment to the US Constitution, and no doubt President Obama would sign it and himself into a third term. So, make no mistake about it, that it is possible. Of course, President Obama would still have to be elected to a third term. There would still have to be an election. Unless…
I suspect President Obama is planning a “False Flag” operation, or something similar, as a means to justify declaring Martial Law. He will then use the fabricated false crisis as an excuse to suspend voting for the Tuesday 8 November 2016 election. He will no doubt claim that it is too dangerous for Americans to go to polling locations to vote. He will claim he is protecting Americans by ordering them to stay home, or to limit their travels to going to work, or school, or obtaining essential needs at nearby stores, or emergency needs such as going to a doctor or hospital.
Conservatives – Republicans – MUST take back control of the US Senate and keep control of the US House of Representatives in November 2014, as well as capturing the White House in November 2016. The future of our country – as we would prefer it to be – depends on it.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke.
IF THIS GOES ON—
Excerpts from Wikipedia article…
- “If This Goes On—” is a science fiction short novel by Robert A. Heinlein, first serialized in 1940 in Astounding Science-Fiction and revised and expanded for inclusion in the 1953 collection Revolt in 2100. The novel shows what might happen to Christianity in the United States given mass communications, applied psychology, and a hysterical populace. The novel is part of Heinlein’s Future History series.
- The story is set in a future theocratic American society, ruled by the latest in a series of fundamentalist Christian “Prophets.” The First Prophet was Nehemiah Scudder, a backwoods preacher turned President (elected in 2012), then dictator (no elections were held in 2016 or later).
CENSORSHIP OF AMERICANS and REVISION OF HISTORY
The following two paragraphs have been excerpted from the 1986 Baen Book printing of Robert A. Heinlein’s novel titled Revolt in 2100 –from the story titled If This Goes On—:
- For the first time in my life I was reading things which had not been approved by the Prophet’s censors, and the impact on my mind was devastating. Sometimes I would glance over my shoulder to see who was watching me, frightened in spit of myself. I began to sense faintly that secrecy is the keystone of all tyranny. Not force, but secrecy . . . censorship. When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, “This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know,” the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything—you can’t conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.
- I had trouble at first in admitting the possibility of what I read; I think perhaps of all the things a police state can do to its citizens, distorting history is possibly the most pernicious. For example, I learned for the first time that the United States had not been ruled by a bloodthirsty emissary of Satan before the First Prophet arose in his wrath and cast him out — but had been a community of free men, deciding their own affairs by peaceful consent. I don’t mean that the first republic had been a scriptural paradise, but it hadn’t been anything like what I had learned in school.
On 12 April 2014, ABC News censored – deleted – reader comments under an article at its website, regarding the Bundy Ranch conflict. The deleted reader comments were about Senator Harry Reid involved with a Chinese solar energy company for a land deal in Nevada. All comments made about that business deal, which was not included in the article, were deleted. While other news sources reported it, ABC News tried to cover it up, as if ABC News is protecting Senator Reid, a Democrat from Nevada. Could be ABC News was ordered by Reid, or someone else in the federal government, to delete those comments. Doing so grossly violated Freedom of Speech, and was an attempt to censor the truth. In a way, because it was done by ABC News, it might also be a betrayal of Freedom of the Press. It is a violation of the US Constitution.
Evening of Friday 30 August 2013, I was watching CNN on TV. Suddenly “Breaking News” in red letters began scrolling across the bottom of the screen, to report: ““USS San Antonio arrives off coast of Syria with US Marines aboard for imminent ground invasion of Syria…” is what I now recall, although that is not an exact quote. It was immediately obvious that President Obama had lied, had broken his promise to not send troops to that region for boots on ground in Syria. So I looked for more information at the CNN website. The newest article there was about Obama making a statement in just the past hour to again renew his promise to not send troops to Syria. The truth is the US Marines were just about 4 hours away from spearheading a ground invasion. I, and other readers, began to post comments under that article, to question the Breaking News on CNN on TV. It was only scrolled across the bottom of the TV screen – no live person report. It continued there for 2 hours, and then it was removed. Meantime, all comments about the arrival of the USS San Antonio were deleted under the article in which Obama repeated his lie. Apparently, someone leaked the news about the secret ground invasion to CNN. Then someone at CNN screwed up by showing it as Breaking News down on the scrolling line without approval. The CNN website webmaster caught the mistake before anyone else, and began doing damage control by deleting the comments about it. I blogged about it. A week later, I was attacked by a hacker using the Rippers 0 browser of the US military to remote access my computer and then deliver a virus to destroy Windows on it, as an attempt to silence me on the Internet.
REVOLT IN 2014 AND 2016
Now in 2014, it is certainly not normal Christians we need to be concerned about. Although I’ve had some concern about who I refer to as “radical far right conservative fundamentalist Christians” – whether or not that description fits them, I don’t believe they are a threat today. None are violent. However, they have a very long bloody and violent history dating back hundreds of years to the Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, and other Christian Inquisitions – of forcing their religion on other people – torturing and killing people who refuse to submit. Of course, none of that is happening today. My most recent concern about any specific Christians was back during 1988, regarding…
and the 1988 Bill Moyers special report on PBS TV…
At that time, I considered it to mesh fairly well with Robert A. Heinlein’s warning about a possible future US theocracy and how it could happen. I considered Rousas Rushdoony to be a potential threat to our present form of government – not that it’s perfect as is, but I’d not want a theocracy.
The concern today is not normal peaceful Muslims – adherents of Islam, a monotheistic Abrahamic religion based on the Quran. However, they also have a bloody violent history involving extremists willing to use violence and willing to murder all nonbelievers. Mainly, those who are today engaging in acts of terrorism and claiming to do so as Muslims for Islam.
The behavior of President Obama indicates he is anti-Christian, as well as being opposed to the Jews and Israel.
Consider Sheik Abdallah Bin Bayyah, the vice president of the International Union of Muslim Scholars (IUMS), which was founded by Muslim Brotherhood leader “who has called for the death of Jews and Americans, and himself is banned from visiting the US. He endorsed a 2004 fatwa, or religious order, endorsing the killing of US soldiers fighting in Iraq. He attended a 2013 meeting at the White House, as a friend of President Obama and John Kerry, a guest of the White House, and of the State Department – promoted by the State Department’s Counter Terrorism (CT) Bureau. It is my opinion President Obama, John Kerry, and others of the Obama Administration should be charged with Treason against the United States of America.
I have no doubt that the Benghazi scandal, the Benghazi attack, the murder of Ambassador Stevens, has much to do with the Obama Administration’s appeasement plan regarding Al-Qaeda and other terrorists.
For comparison, consider the new friendly working relationship between the DEA and the number one drug cartel in Mexico. “CONFIRMED: The DEA Struck A Deal With Mexico’s Most Notorious Drug Cartel” – Business Insider – 13 January 2014 – Excerpts…
- An investigation by El Universal found that between the years 2000 and 2012, the U.S. government had an arrangement with Mexico’s Sinaloa drug cartel that allowed the organization to smuggle billions of dollars of drugs while Sinaloa provided information on rival cartels.
- Sinaloa, led by Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, supplies 80% of the drugs entering the Chicago area and has a presence in cities across the U.S.
- El Universal investigation is the first to publish court documents that include corroborating testimony from a DEA agent and a Justice Department official.
Illegal drugs, and legalization of marijuana, are means for the “dumbing down of America.” Other means include a liberal agenda in public education, resulting in students who can’t read and write – to become dependent on welfare as a drug provided by the government – to become blind followers of Big Brother – too ignorant to even know how to fight back or otherwise resist.
Obama does nothing effective to stop Iran, North Korea, Russia, Syria, and others. Harry Reid turns US land in Nevada over to China. The Obama Administration and Obama Democrats love the enemies of the US. They consider American patriots to be “domestic terrorists.” They use the IRS to target conservative Americans as if they are criminals. They use the NSA to spy on innocent Americans and good allies. They use ObamaCare to take over health care as a means to control Americans. There appears to be no end to the evil they are willing to inflict on good Americans. Just about everything Obama says turns out to be another lie or another broken promise. I believe he is the most deceptive US President in history. I have no doubt he intends to become America’s first dictator.
Excerpt from the science fiction novel Revolt in 2100 by Robert A. Heinlein, the story therein titled If This Goes On—…
- Successful revolution is big business – make no mistake about that. In a modern, complex, and highly industrialized state, revolution is not accomplished by a handful of conspirators whispering around a guttering candle in a deserted ruin. It requires countless personnel, supplies, modern machinery and modern weapons. And to handle these factors successfully there must be loyalty, secrecy, and superlative organization.
President Obama knows how to do that, to some extent, and he is doing that.
“People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.” – V in the 2005 movie V for Vendetta.
+ + +